- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Celestial Blues: Cosmic Political & Spiritual Jazz
- Write a Review
- #K65739 000000000 K65739000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/05/2016;Notes:2015 was the year jazz hit the mainstream again. The catalyst for this was saxophonist Kamasi Washington's 3CD masterpi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/05/2016;Notes:2015 was the year jazz hit the mainstream again. The catalyst for this was saxophonist Kamasi Washington's 3CD masterpiece "The Epic", influenced by the symphonic, spiritually aware jazz of the early 70s. "Celestial Blues" is a compilation that shines a spotlight on some of the music that may have influenced "The Epic". The ten tracks range from the evidently spiritual - such as Gary Bartz's classic 'Celestial Blues' or Joe Henderson & Alice Coltrane's astounding collaboration on 'Fire', to less obvious but just as relevant recordings by drummers Roy Brooks and Joe Chambers. Charles Earland's contribution bears a remarkable resemblance to 'Henrietta Our Hero' a stand-out track from "The Epic", whilst Carlos Garnett and Azar Lawrence's mix of saxophone, strings and voices could be a template for Washington's whole sound. The compilation is completed by fine examples of the era's jazz from Hampton Hawes and Bayeté Umbra Zindiko. Oliver Nelson's 'Aftermath' is an apt closer.;Track List:1. Celestial Blues - Gary Bartz Ntu Troop;2. Fire - Joe Henderson Alice Coltrane;3. Warriors of Peace - Azar Lawrence;4. Brown Eyes - Charles Earland;5. The Free Slave - Roy Brooks;6. The Alomoravid - Joe Chambers;7. Let Us Go (To Higher Heights) - Carlos Garnett;8. Let It Take Your Mind - Bayeté Umbra Zindiko;9. Josie Black - Hampton Hawes;10. Aftermath - Oliver Nelson
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.