- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Charles 6 Sharp - Exits
- Write a Review
- #K85273 000000000 K85273000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/11/2015;Notes:Extremely limited vinyl LP pressing including digital download. In a similar vein as Henry Threadgill, Dave Douglas, Or...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/11/2015;Notes:Extremely limited vinyl LP pressing including digital download. In a similar vein as Henry Threadgill, Dave Douglas, Ornette Coleman's large ensembles, and Sun Ra, The Charles Sharp 6 braid together jazz tradition with experimentalist and popular music threads. Exits captures a spectrum of sounds held together by Sharp's direction, as the ensemble of six musicians blaze through compositional structures and freely improvised responses. The collection of musicians Sharp gathered for an evening have collaborated with artists as diverse as Mike Watt, Anthony Braxton, Kenny Burrell, Nels Cline, Tito Puente, Fat and Fucked Up and Vinny Golia, and includes two percussionists two upright bassists, at odds-panned left and right and a chamber-punk veteran on cello. Confident direction among the players creates an inspiring momentum as Sharp (saxophones) directs through sketches, gestures, and example, all of which fuels their conversation. This music is in dialogue with its times (as good free jazz is). It is music to stroll through crowded spaces, and to develop something outside the oppressive banality of the mainstream broadcast.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.