- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Charles Mingus - Clown
- Write a Review
- #K65134 000000000 K65134000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/14/2014;Notes:Limited audiophile 180 gm vinyl LP pressing. By the mid '50s Charles Mingus had formed his own publishing and recording...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/14/2014;Notes:Limited audiophile 180 gm vinyl LP pressing. By the mid '50s Charles Mingus had formed his own publishing and recording companies to protect and document his growing repertoire of original music. He also founded the Jazz Workshop, a group which enabled young composers to have their new works performed in concert and on recordings. On THE CLOWN, instead of just writing heads that provide launch points for solos, Mingus tries to evoke something specific with every tune, and even his most impressionistic forays have a strong storytelling quality. The title selection makes that explicit with a story verbally improvised by Jean Shepherd from a predetermined narrative. THE CLOWN introduced two of Mingus' finest compositions: 'Haitian Fight Song' and 'Reincarnation of a Lovebird', a tribute to Charlie Parker. Mingus would play both tunes many times throughout his career. In addition to his role as composer and arranger, Mingus is heard on this album as a marvelous soloist, taking longer solos than on previous recordings.;Track List:1. Haitian Fight Song;2. Blue Cee;3. Reincarnation of a Lovebird;4. The Clown
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.