- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Charles Mingus - Right Now
- Write a Review
- #K69223 000000000 K69223000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of Charles Mingus's Right Now (1964). "With Clifford Jordan on tenor, John Handy on alto, Jane G...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of Charles Mingus's Right Now (1964). "With Clifford Jordan on tenor, John Handy on alto, Jane Getz on piano, and Dannie Richmond on drums, Charles Mingus went into San Francisco and whipped up a storm. This LP contains two compositions over 23-minutes each: 'New Fables' and 'Meditation (For A Pair Of Wire Cutters).' 'New Fables' features a ten-minute solo from Jordan, some fine ensemble work, and a solo encounter from Handy. Mingus changes the mood as he sees fit, and one would describe these different styles as avant-garde (in 1964), blues, flamenco, and straight-ahead jazz. Handy's work is stirring, deeply imaginative, technically thrilling, and a harbinger of what was to come the following year at Monterey. In 'Meditations' Mingus bowing the bass in the cello range with that certain sad quality, Jane Getz playing loose, free, and exciting, much as she does today, and a moment where Mingus joins Getz for a four-handed piano romp." - All About Jazz. Numbered first press, edition of 500.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.