- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods
- Write a Review
- #K86907 000000000 K86907000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/19/2013;Notes:When this LP was released in 1962, it was honoured with the maximum number of stars that Downbeat, the most famous of a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/19/2013;Notes:When this LP was released in 1962, it was honoured with the maximum number of stars that Downbeat, the most famous of all jazz magazines, could award. Is there any better proof that the composer and arranger Charlie Mingus was ahead of his time? As a double bassist he was rather less virtuosic than his fellow musicians - and not just on these recordings. However, these five numbers earned every single star of the five they were awarded. They illustrate his masterly handling of Mexican folk music and his skill in integrating it into his jazz. _x000B_The small ensemble of Clarence Shaw, whom Mingus described as a super-improviser on the trumpet, Jimmy Knepper, a technical ace on the trombone, the legendary tenor saxophone player Shafi Hadi, and his longstanding friend Dannie Richmond on the drums all earn the very highest recognition, even though the sextet of 1963/64 once more enhanced their creativity in later years.;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.