- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Charlie Haden - Liberation Music Orchestra
- Write a Review
- #K74501 000000000 K74501000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/12/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP repressing of this 1970 jazz classic. A fascinating reissue that comfortably straddles the lines of ja...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/12/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP repressing of this 1970 jazz classic. A fascinating reissue that comfortably straddles the lines of jazz, folk, and world music, working up a storm by way of a jazz protest album that points toward the Spanish Civil War in particular and the Vietnam War in passing. Haden leads the charge and contributes material, but the real star here may in fact be Carla Bley, who arranged numbers, wrote several, and contributed typically brilliant piano work. The inspiration for the album came when Haden heard songs from the Spanish Civil War. He included three of those songs on the album. Other tracks on the album include Ornette Coleman's "War Orphans", which Haden had played with Coleman in 1967, three pieces by Carla Bley, who also contributed much of the arranging, two of Haden's own compositions, one dedicated to Che Guevara and one inspired by the 1968 National Convention of the U.S. Democratic Party.;Track List:1. The Introduction;2. Song of the United Front;3. El Quinto Regimento (The Fifth Regiment) / los Cuatro Generales (The Four Generals) / Viva la Quince Brigada (Long Live the Fifteenth Brigade);4. The Ending to the First Side;5. Song for Che;6. War Orphans;7. The Interlude (Drinking Music);8. Circus '68 '69;9. We Shall Overcome
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.