- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Circle - Paris Concert
- Write a Review
- #K73655 000000000 K73655000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/07/2017;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Circle was an avant garde jazz ensemble active in 1970 and 1971. The group arose from pianis...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/07/2017;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Circle was an avant garde jazz ensemble active in 1970 and 1971. The group arose from pianist Chick Corea's early 1970s trio with Dave Holland on bass and Barry Altschul on drums and percussion with the addition of Anthony Braxton in a leading role on several reed instruments. The group's earliest (and only studio) recordings were made in 1970 for the Blue Note label but not released until 1975 under Corea's name. A live double album appeared on the ECM label in 1972. These recordings document a period in which Corea's work was steeped in the jazz avant garde, prior to his complete shift to the jazz fusion orientation. Circle was a band on fire with creativity. Corea and Holland had just left Miles Davis's band, keen to explore all parameters of new music in an improvised context. Braxton, equally inspired by Stockhausen and Coltrane, brought in new directions from the AACM. Altschul's resumé included extensive work with Paul Bley. Together they were, for a while, matchless. Melody Maker: "Paris Concert is evidence that here was one of the most excitingly talented;Track List:1. Nefertiti - Circle;2. Song for the Newborn - Circle;3. Duet;4. Lookout Farm / Kelvin 73° (Variation -3);5. Toy Room / Q A;6. No Greater Love;Special Attributes:REISSUE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.