- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Claudio Abbado - Ctos for Piano & Orchestra 20 & 21
- Write a Review
- #K91730 000000000 K91730000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Friedrich Gulda is known to all. He is the musical wizard with the embroidered cap, an artist who is equally at home in...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Friedrich Gulda is known to all. He is the musical wizard with the embroidered cap, an artist who is equally at home in Jazz or the works of the Viennese Classic. Gulda might have only performed a small number of his Austrian compatriot's 27 piano concertos but with these few he certainly created a sensation. That the present recording of the Concertos Nos. 20 and 21, even after 25 years, is still regarded as ranking among the very best performances is something that can be heard after just a few bars. The minor-key first movement of No. 20 begins with a measured tempo and precise articulation, then the piano joins in with almost sober clarity and proceeds to lead a concentrated, tightly enmeshed conversation with the orchestra. The C major Concerto sparkles brightly with it's thrilling, virtuoso part writing and transparent, almost chamber like instrumental ensemble. Details left only fleetingly touched and casual phrasing will be sought in vain in this highly analytical interpretation of Mozart's musical intentions. The listener will do well here to forget the popular concept of a fun-loving, high-spirited Mozart and to recognize the ardent, passionate side of the composer.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.