- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Coleman Hawkins - Hawk Relaxes
- Write a Review
- K73820 000000000 K73820000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/02/2014;Notes:2014 special vinyl LP pressing reissue series title commemorating the 65th anniversary of Prestige Records & the 90th b...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/02/2014;Notes:2014 special vinyl LP pressing reissue series title commemorating the 65th anniversary of Prestige Records & the 90th birthday of legendary recording engineer Rudy Van Gelder. Like a fine wine, Hawkins proves on this 1961 landmark album that good things only get better with age. Joined by six-string maestro Kenny Burrell, the legendary tenor saxophonist grooves in a mellow mood in this quintet setting alongside pianist Ronnell Bright, bassist Ron Carter, and drummer Andrew Cyrille. A high water mark in his later career, it showcases the understated sophistication of Hawkins' playing as he makes instant classics out of tunes from the Great American Songbook in a style befitting of an evening by the fire, the calm ocean, or a late night with a sweetheart over candles and wine. This quintet, quite possibly the most unique Hawkins ever fronted, delivers a supple, relaxed, and sophisticated affair on par with anything he ever did during this period. Recorded by the inimitable Rudy Van Gelder, this is a must-have for both the casual fan and the hard-core Jazz aficionado.;Track List:1. Ill Never Be the Same;2. When Day Is Done;3. Under a Blanket of Blue;4. More Than You Know;5. Moonglow;6. Just a Gigolo;7. Speak Low
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.