- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Count Basie - Basie Jazz
- Write a Review
- #K70024 000000000 K70024000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gram vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks and digital download. The tracks on this album present th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gram vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks and digital download. The tracks on this album present the second incarnation of Count Basie's big band. His second band was created at the urging of Billy Eckstine, who convinced Basie that even though the era of the large jazz-swing orchestra, an era he was an architect of, was by all appearances over, he could make a real go of it with his brand of blues and swing. Basie was initially skeptical, but agreed when he was offered other supporting opinions from the likes of Norman Granz and Willard Alexander. He set out to create an orchestra that was not as susceptible to personnel changes, and initially featured the charts of Neal Hefti and Nat Pierce, and later those of Frank Foster and Johnny Mandel, among others. Basie Jazz, showcasing 1952 recordings, presents some of the earliest sides made by Basie for Granz. It also includes the very first preserved collaboration of the Count and Oscar Peterson playing together.;Track List:1. Jive at Five;2. Be My Guest;3. No Name;4. Blues for the Count and Oscar;5. Redhead;6. Every Tub;7. No Name (Alternate Take);8. Goin' to Chicago;9. Sent for You Yesterday and Here You Come Today;10. Bread;11. There's a Small Hotel;12. Tippin' on the Q.T;13. Blee Blop Blues;14. Tippin' on the Q.T. (Alternate Take)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.