- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Curtis Amy - Katanga
- Write a Review
- L29347 000000000 L29347000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/18/2011;Notes:Katanga is a very key soul jazz record at the same time unknown by mainstream audience and for which jazz fans are sear...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/18/2011;Notes:Katanga is a very key soul jazz record at the same time unknown by mainstream audience and for which jazz fans are searching since years desperately. This session is the sixth and last one recorded by Curtis Amy in his Pacific period (between 1960 and 1963). Between hard bop and soul Jazz this is a unique and legendary record. The only presence of trumpet player Dupree Bolton, who is so rare on records and so absent from the jazz recording sessions as he spent most of his time in jail, justifies the key interest of this record. Fans of Clifford Brown and Fats Navarro will praise this record. Curtis Amy is of course imperial on both soprano and tenor. "Katanga" and "Lonely Woman" are both jewels and both composed by Curtis Amy. a lot of colors and a pure sound for this astonishing jazz session. On the guitar Ray Crawford, on the piano Jack Wilson, on bass Victor Gaskin and on drums Doug Sides. The record has been recorded in Los Angeles, a very original west coast sound.;Track List:1. Katanga;2. Lonely Woman;3. Native Land;4. Amyable;5. You Don't Know What Love Is;6. A Shade of Brown
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.