- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Damon & Naomi - Fortune
- Write a Review
- #K92017 000000000 K92017000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/17/2015;Notes:2015 release from the duo best known for their work as 2/3rds of Galaxie 500. Fortune is an LP released in tandem with ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/17/2015;Notes:2015 release from the duo best known for their work as 2/3rds of Galaxie 500. Fortune is an LP released in tandem with Naomi Yang's video piece of the same name. She refers to the work as a silent movie, though the visuals are so bound up in the music (and vice versa) that it's more of a long-form music video, a visual poem set to the metronome of a textural score. She conceived of the piece to explore conflicting feelings surrounding her father's recent passing Yang was suddenly burdened with a massive archive of his artistic work (her father was a photographer), as well as the ongoing aftermath of flawed parenting. Her use of the term "fortune," then, is tinged with sardonicism but also with nostalgia-portraits from the 1940s and '50s painted by protagonist Norman von Holtzendorff's father (also recently deceased, and who also left his archive in Norman's hands) feature prominently. An ongoing tarot card motif ties in another facet of the suddenly slippery term "fortune," using Damon & Naomi's now familiar brand of close, acoustic warmth to explore the past's bearing on the future. The eleven new songs don't require visual accompaniment-Damon & Naomi have constructed the sequence to communicate through sound alone.;Track List:1. The Seeker;2. Amnesia;3. It's Over;4. Reflections;5. A Shining Dream;6. Shadows;7. Towards Tomorrow;8. Sky Memories;9. Hurt House;10. The North Light;11. Time Won't Own Me
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.