- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dark Blue - Start Of The World
- Write a Review
- #K77373 000000000 K77373000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/04/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. Dark Blue follows up their debut Pure Reality with Start Of The World-a soundtrack of ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/04/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. Dark Blue follows up their debut Pure Reality with Start Of The World-a soundtrack of a decaying United States. Each song drips with the reality of atrocities happening all around us. John Sharkey III (vocals, guitar) pushes the band far beyond the post-punk-meets-oi sound they perfected on their earlier releases, and adds elements of Britpop and shoegaze. Recorded by Jeff Zeigler (Kurt Vile, Nothing), this pop album makes no apologies. Boot-stomping opener "Union of Buffoons" sets the political tone with an anthem for workers' rights, the biting lyrics referring to human expendability in the face of deregulation and stagnancy of labor rights. "Bombs on the Beach" evokes a playful innocence with '50s doo-wop and surf rock, but the lyrics tear through any cheerfulness and describe the dropping of missiles on a beach of unsuspecting Palestinian children. Other tracks such as "Be Gone Everyone" and "Western Front" highlight the solid rhythm section of Michael Sneeriger (drums, Strand of Oaks) and Andrew Mackie Nelson (bass, Ceremony). Start Of The World is the kind of record that the band has always promised: a collection of smart, fully realized songs that tell stories. With the world falling apart around us, Dark Blue continues to give a voice to neglected perspectives, many which are unnerving but necessary to hear.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.