- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
David Barbe - 10th Of Seas
- Write a Review
- #K71429 000000000 K71429000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/18/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release, David Barbe's third solo album, and first new album in seven years. Barbe has been ref...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/18/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release, David Barbe's third solo album, and first new album in seven years. Barbe has been referred to as having the most widespread influence of any single person in the Athens, GA music scene due to his involvement with so many different artists and projects over the years, from his start playing with noise damaged groups like Mercyland, Bar-B-Q Killers, and Buzz Hungry in the 1980s and '90's to his stint as bassist in Sugar (Bob Mould's legendary post-Husker Du band), with whom he toured the globe many times and released 3 classic records to his work as an engineer/producer on hundreds of albums. 10th of Seas marks a departure for Barbe in that he performed and recorded the entire thing by himself, playing all the instruments completely solo. Everything. Highlights include "Portugese Door," slippery and melodically complex, and the opening burst of "Dim Bulbs," the lyrics of which contain the album's title. "10th of Seas" is a reference to exploring the outer reaches of one's mind. Barbe says, "The phrase 'sailing the seven seas' did not mean just crossing the known bodies of water, but to go around the world and back. To sail across the 10th of Seas would indicate traversing through the unknown, to have seen it all, and then some.";Track List:1. Dim Bulbs;2. Portugese Door;3. We're All Here;4. $1.79;5. My Last Game;6. It's Gonna Land;7. Why You Gotta Make It So Hard;8. Coils Coming Along;9. Predictable Results
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.