- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Death Cab for Cutie - Kintsugi
- Write a Review
- K54345 000000000 K54345000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/31/2015;Notes:Kintsugi - which follows 2011's Grammy Award-nominated Codes And Keys - marks Death Cab for Cutie's first new album sin...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/31/2015;Notes:Kintsugi - which follows 2011's Grammy Award-nominated Codes And Keys - marks Death Cab for Cutie's first new album since the departure last year of founding guitarist/keyboardist/producer Chris Walla, who recorded the album with the band before announcing his departure. Recorded in Los Angeles with Rich Costey (Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Interpol) behind the board, the album takes it's title from the Japanese art of repairing broken ceramics with precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum, highlighting cracks rather than hiding them. As such, kintsugi represents a compassionate aesthetic philosophy in which damage and wear are embraced as part of an object's history. 'Considering what we were going through internally, and with what a lot of the lyrics are about, it had a great deal of resonance for us - the idea of figuring out how to repair breaks and make them a thing of beauty,' says bassist Nick Harmer, who suggested the name to singer/guitarist Ben Gibbard and drummer Jason McGerr. 'Philosophically, spiritually, emotionally, it seems perfect for this group of songs.';Track List:1. No Room in Frame;2. Black Sun;3. The Ghosts of Beverly Drive;4. Little Wanderer;5. You've Haunted Me All My Life;6. Hold No Guns;7. Everything's a Ceiling;8. Good Help (Is So Hard to Find);9. El Dorado;10. Ingénue;11. Binary Sea;Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, WITH CD, 180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.