- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deftones - Around the Fur
- Write a Review
- K56453 000000000 K56453000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/17/2011;Notes:Around the Fur the follow-up to Deftones' passionate, aggressive Adrenaline, sees the California quartet expanding on t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/17/2011;Notes:Around the Fur the follow-up to Deftones' passionate, aggressive Adrenaline, sees the California quartet expanding on the sheer rage of their earlier work, adding new, more sinister shades to their already extreme sound. The opening "My Own Summer (Shove It)," serves as an introduction to the album's sonic theme: sinewy guitars and eerie whispers alternate with fast, violent crunch. Sepultura's Max Cavallero contributes guitar and vocals to "Headup," while "MX" finds singer Chino trading off vocal lines with Annalynn Cunningham, (wife of Deftones' drummer Abe) in an acerbic take on the rock star mentality. Vocal acrobat Moreno attacks a variety of styles: his breathy, psychotic recitations sound downright industrial, while the album's calmer, more brooding moments show his gift for haunting melody. Behind him, guitarist Stephen Carpenter's heavy wall of sound is astoundingly muscular, yet inspiringly agile. When Deftones' hellish fury hits full tilt, as it always does on this album, Moreno's voice erupts into screams which are best described as otherworldly, transforming this intense musical firestorm into a hurtling juggernaut of aggression. This LP version comes pressed on 180 gram vinyl.;Track List:1. My Own Summer (Shove It);2. Lhabia;3. Mascara;4. Around the Fur;5. Rickets;6. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away);7. Lotion;8. Dai the Flu;9. Headup;10. MX;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.