- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Del Close & John Brent - How to Speak Hip
- Write a Review
- #K69582 000000000 K69582000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/22/2017;Notes:Go! Bop! Present a reissue of Del Close and John Brent's How To Speak Hip, originally released in 1961. Attention, this...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/22/2017;Notes:Go! Bop! Present a reissue of Del Close and John Brent's How To Speak Hip, originally released in 1961. Attention, this is one of the non-music cult obscurities that came out of nowhere during decades of music history. This 1961 release is a fictional dialogue between a moderator and somebody involved in the late 1950s hipster/beatnik movement in which both discuss the meaning of words and phrases from the youth and "hipster" language of the '50s. It is different to the typical spoken word records where either political or philosophical pamphlets get recited. It is a dialogue, a comedic dialogue with some audience noises faded in, some strange narrations, and examples of how to speak in a 1950s beatnik style. It is an interesting authentic document of it's time and certainly a challenge even for those who speak English fairly well. A collectors item for fans and retro hipsters at a time when a vivid counter society was pulsating beyond the idyllic world on the surface. Includes the original "Hip Manual". Includes "beatnik-jazz" bonus tracks by John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, Lee Morgan, and the Horace Silver Quintet.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.