- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deodato - Love Island
- Write a Review
- #K85986 000000000 K85986000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/14/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve. 1978's Love Island found Deodato concocting his own inef...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/14/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve. 1978's Love Island found Deodato concocting his own ineffable brew of fusion and funky disco, with the help of friends and cover songs along the way. Love Island finds him unleashing a nice selection of songs which are all pleasant to the ear. The album could almost be considered a concept album, every song title apparently revolving around jungle tropics, warm winds and sandy beaches. The album kicks off with 'Area Code 808' which places the initial action in Hawaii, a twitchy extended fusion revolving around quite a nice funky bass line. The remainder of the set carries on from there, with the groove ebbing and flowing from the punchy 'Whistle Bump' to the pleasant and decidedly mellow strains of 'San Juan Hut' and on to the title track. 'Tahiti Hut' is co-written by Deodato and Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White, and features appearances by three more EW&F members: Verdine White, Freddie White, and the percussive genius of Philip Bailey.;Track List:1. Area Code 808;2. Whistle Bump;3. Tahiti Hut;4. San Juan Sunset;5. Love Island;6. Chariot of the Gods;7. Piña Colada;8. Take the a Train;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.