- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dexter Gordon - Fried Bananas
- Write a Review
- #K74369 000000000 K74369000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. The great tenor saxophonist Dexter Gordon moved to Europe in 1962. Ten years later he was living in ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. The great tenor saxophonist Dexter Gordon moved to Europe in 1962. Ten years later he was living in Copenhagen when he went on the road with a Dutch rhythm section consisting of pianist Rein de Graaff, double bassist Henk Haverhoek and drummer Eric Ineke. This was quite unusual, as Dexter mostly toured as a solo artist working with local musicians in each town. By the time their performance at the Societiet Progress in Heemskerk was recorded for broadcast by VPRO, the quartet had been playing together regularly for two months. Dexter and his "Dutch band" had developed a deep rapport and understanding that's clearly evident on the three extended tracks on this record. These are two of his signature compositions, "The Panther" and "Fried Bananas", plus the iconic Coleman Hawkins classic "Body and Soul". With sleeve notes by Dexter's wife Maxine Gordon that include reminiscences and insights from drummer Eric Ineke and pianist Rein de Graaff, Fried Bananas is an important new addition to the recorded legacy of Dexter Gordon's fourteen years in Europe. Cut on Haeco Scully lathe with Westrex RA1700 series amps, Westrex 3DIIA cutting head and Telefunken U73B tube limiter Maselec master control and equalization.;Track List:1. A1. Fried Bananas;2. B1. the Panther;3. B2. Body and Soul;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.