- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Earl Peterson - Boogie Blues / In The Dark
- Write a Review
- L32809 000000000 L32809000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/24/2017;Notes:The label on this single hits the nail on the head - Michigan's singing cowboy! Despite a very long 45-year career in c...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/24/2017;Notes:The label on this single hits the nail on the head - Michigan's singing cowboy! Despite a very long 45-year career in country music as a promoter, radio station operator, artist and label owner, very little is known about Earl Peterson. In late 1952, he formed Nugget Records with his mother, basically as a means of self-releasing his music._x000D_ While shopping his music down South, he met Sam Phillips and agreed to release his song on Sun Records in the spring of 1954. This bouncing, twangy single would prove to be a cult hit and original pressings still command a lofty price. As the first remotely contemporary country single on the label, Peterson's single paved the way for Sun to later pivot into the country genre. From there, Peterson's story becomes a bit murkier. He recorded the same song for Columbia in the fall of 1954, strangely disregarding his contractual agreements with Sun. He went on to release a couple more singles with Columbia and by the '60s, was holed up in rural central Michigan to run a radio station (WPLB) with his family.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.