- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Elf - Trying To Burn The Sun
- Write a Review
- #K60569 000000000 K60569000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/14/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Elf was an American rock band founded by singer and bassist Ronnie James Di...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/14/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Elf was an American rock band founded by singer and bassist Ronnie James Dio, keyboardist Doug Thaler, drummer Gary Driscoll, and guitarists Nick Pantas and David Feinstein (Dio's cousin). The band was originally called The Electric Elves, but was shortened to The Elves and finally Elf in 1972. Elf disbanded in 1975 after recording three albums and after most of the lineup had been absorbed into Ritchie Blackmore's new group, Rainbow. Ronnie James Dio went on to a successful career in heavy metal, fronting Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell and his own band, Dio. David Feinstein also found a career in metal, leading the band The Rods for a number of years. Original keyboardist Doug Thaler went on to a career in music management. Recorded while the band was evolving slowly into the Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Trying to Burn the Sun is the third and final release from Elf, the band that finally earned Ronnie James Dio the attention he had been seeking since the late 1950s. After writing and recording a few singles for Blackmore, Dio and Elf were solidly moving in a heavier musical direction. Trying to Burn the Sun is a great listen for all fans of 70s rock, not only Dio and Rainbow fans.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.