- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Emilio Santiago - Emilio Santiago
- Write a Review
- L38985 000000000 L38985000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/27/2018;Notes:Far Out Recordings present a reissue of the 1975 self-titled debut album from Brazilian vocalist and bossa nova luminar...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/27/2018;Notes:Far Out Recordings present a reissue of the 1975 self-titled debut album from Brazilian vocalist and bossa nova luminary Emilio Santiago. Nicknamed "the Nat King Cole of Brazil", Santiago was a master bossa balladeer and a top-class crooner. But he is known equally for his Brazilian funk, soul, and boogie classics. One of his best know is album opener "Bananeira", a party-starting version of the song originally written by João Donato and Gilberto Gil. "Brother" is a smooth-grooving killer with great horn arrangements and a huge backing choir, while "La Mulata" is a soulful, swinging salsa stepper. Originally released on the CID label, the album showcases the full range of Emilio's talents, while paying homage to some of Brazil's greatest composers, including Jorge Ben, Marcos and Sergio Valle, and Ivan Lins, among others. The credits on the album are a "who's who" of Brazil's greats, with João Donato on keys, Wilson das Neves, Ivan "Mamão" Conti and Paulinho on drums, Durval Ferreira, Carlos Roberto Rocha and Helio Delmiro on guitar, Ariovaldo, Orlandivo and Chacal on percussion, Danilo Caymmi on flute, a brass section featuring Victor Assis Brasil, Edson Maciel and Jesse Sadoc, and backing vocals from Jaime & Nair, Lúcia Lins, Jurema and Marcio Lott.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.