- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Emily Wells - Promise
- Write a Review
- #K70886 000000000 K70886000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/19/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release from performer, producer, singer, and composer known for her varied use of classical an...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/19/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release from performer, producer, singer, and composer known for her varied use of classical and modern instrumentation as well as her deft approach to live sampling. Classically trained as a violinist, she also performs using drums, guitars, keys, and beat machines. Wells has described the LP as "a soul record in baroque clothing... a pauper's opera." Expanding upon the idea, she says in a lengthy press statement: "These finished recordings and their live counterparts take their time - and in doing so ask for a bit of grace. I returned often to an interview I'd watched with the light artist James Turrell where he says, '... not everyone will sit in a darkened room for ten minutes before they begin to see.' This idea allowed me be patient with the work, both in process and outcome. When writing, when recording, there is a period where everything is in service of the song, if at times unconsciously. As the song begins to take form, however, it's role shifts: the song is in service of the life it feeds. How then to convey a malleable 'you', interchangeable with the self, with the friend, with the lover, with the listener, the future?";Track List:1. Los Angeles;2. You Dream of China;3. Don't Use Me Up;4. Pack of Nobodies;5. Take It Easy;6. Come to Me;7. Fallin' in on It;8. Antidote;9. Adagio;10. Richard;11. Light Is Drainin'
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.