- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Esquivel & His Orchestra - Other Worlds Other Sounds
- Write a Review
- K58872 000000000 K58872000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/27/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Esquivel was a Mexican band leader, pianist, and composer for television and films and widely consid...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/27/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Esquivel was a Mexican band leader, pianist, and composer for television and films and widely considered the king of a style of late 1950s-early 1960s quirky instrumental pop known today as lounge music. RCA contracted with Esquivel in late 1957 and brought him to record in Hollywood in early 1958. He was given five hours of studio time to record the album "Other Worlds, Other Sounds." The period cover of "Other Worlds, Other Sounds" says it all... like the woman in red dancing on a moonscape, this 1958 long-player was all about fantasy. And Esquivel, wasn't afraid to fantasize about his instrumentation nor the new audio sound known as "stereophonic or Hi Fi." At the time Esquivel was using this new tech to it's fullest by arranging the music in a unique manner as well as considering right channel-left channel. Voices ring back and forth between speakers, horns explode out of nowhere, and piano sounds cascade out of the stereo. This is what hi-fi was all about. It is seamless, quite enjoyable and rather magical.;Track List:1. Granada;2. Begin the Beguine;3. Night and Day;4. Poinciana;5. Playfully;6. Adios;7. That Old Black Magic;8. Nature Boy;9. Magic Is the Moonlight;10. Speak Low;11. Ballerina;12. It Had to Be You
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.