- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Etta James - Second Time Around
- Write a Review
- #K74761 000000000 K74761000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks plus digital download. This quintessential edition includes...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks plus digital download. This quintessential edition includes Etta James' sensational second LP The Second Time Around, which was originally released in 1961. It has been long unavailable on vinyl until now. Etta was just 22 when she made the recordings for this long play, but she had already established herself as a youthful belter of spirited R&B numbers. Just as they had done on her debut album, producers Phil and Leonard Chess added orchestral strings arranged and conducted by Riley Hampton to accompany James on her second LP. This would earn her pop crossover appeal. In addition to the original masterpiece, this WaxTime collector's item includes 2 bonus tracks from the same period - both are duets with Harvey Fuqua: "If I Can't Have You" and the well known "Spoonful" (a blues song written by Willie Dixon that was first recorded by Howlin' Wolf in 1960). Both tunes were originally released as singles by James and Fuqua on the Chess label.;Track List:1. Don't Cry Baby;2. Fool That I Am;3. One for My Baby;4. In My Diary;5. Seven Day Fool;6. Spoonful;7. It's Too Soon to Know;8. Dream;9. I'll Dry My Tears;10. Plum Nuts;11. Don't Get Around Much Anymore;12. If I Can't Have You
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.