- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Write a Review
- #K77827 000000000 K77827000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/05/2016;Notes:Soprano saxophonist Steve Lacy continued his early exploration of Thelonious Monk's compositions on Evidence, originall...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/05/2016;Notes:Soprano saxophonist Steve Lacy continued his early exploration of Thelonious Monk's compositions on Evidence, originally released in 1961. Lacy worked extensively with Monk, absorbing the pianist's intricate music and adding his individualist soprano saxophone mark to it. On this release, he employs the equally impressive Don Cherry on trumpet, who was playing with the Ornette Coleman quartet at the time, drummer Billy Higgins, who played with both Coleman and Monk, and bassist Carl Brown. Cherry proved capable of playing outside the jagged lines he formulated with Coleman, being just as complimentary and exciting in Monk's arena with Lacy. Out of the six tracks, four are Monk's compositions while the remaining are lesser known Duke Ellington numbers: "The Mystery Song" and "Something to Live For" (co-written with Billy Strayhorn). Edition of 500.;Track List:1. The Mystery Song;2. Evidence;3. Let's Cool One;4. San Francisco Holiday;5. Something to Live for;6. Who Knows
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.