- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fela Kuti - Fear Not For Man
- Write a Review
- #K70828 000000000 K70828000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Fear Not For Man was one of the first albums to be released by Fela following the sacking of his Kalakuta Republic comp...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Fear Not For Man was one of the first albums to be released by Fela following the sacking of his Kalakuta Republic compound by 1,000 soldiers on 18 February 1977. Fela, along with many other Kalakuta residents, was brutally beaten his mother, then aged 77, was thrown out of a window, fracturing a leg. The army set fire to the compound, destroying six Afrika 70 vehicles, all Fela's master tapes and band equipment, a four-track recording studio, and all the community members' personal belongings. It is doubtful, contrary to some sources, Fear Not For Man was recorded after the attack - doubt which is dispelled by neither the gruesome front sleeve design, showing blood flowing down Fela's face. His response came later, on albums such as Unknown Soldier (1979) and Coffin For Head Of State (1980) Fela's practice of no longer performing a song live once he had released it on record is the reason for the two/three year gap between the attack and the release of these albums.;Track List:1. Fear Not for Man;2. Palm Wine Sound (Instrumental);Special Attributes:GREEN, COLORED VINYL, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.