- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Felix Lebarty - Girls For Sale
- Write a Review
- #K83567 000000000 K83567000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Felix Lebarty's Girls For Sale, originally released in 1979. "Before he was Nigeri...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Felix Lebarty's Girls For Sale, originally released in 1979. "Before he was Nigeria's self-proclaimed Mr Lover Boy, Felix Lebarty was an upcoming musician in the country's Edo-Delta region. His big brother, Aigbe, was a legendary highlife bandleader, but Felix paid his dues playing guitar with Thony Shorby Nwenyi and the Collection of Stars, along with fellow 'star' Mighty Flames bassist, Willy Nfor. Perversely, Girls For Sale was released after Lover Boy, the slick disco album that cemented his place in Nigerian music history. It is a collection of tracks Lebarty made early in his career, when his music was rawer and his pickup lines less sophisticated and less practiced. In 'Come True', Lebarty actually admits to a girl that he hasn't got any money. He begs a girl to love him in 'Love Me Kiss Me' and pleads with a rival to give him a break in 'Don't Take My Girl'. He even takes a dig at Aigbe, his more successful sibling, in 'Mr Big Brother'. It's hardly what you'd expect from the disco god behind Lover Boy, who went on to have 19 children with seven different women. To me, that's what makes Girls For Sale worth checking out. It's gritty, lo-fi, and melodic, like The Apostles with a subtle a nod towards the Jackson Five, sung with endearing insecurity. What's not to like about that?" -Peter Moore
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.