- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Funkadelic - Standing on Verge of Getting It on
- Write a Review
- K57407 000000000 K57407000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/27/1991;Notes:UK only vinyl pressing! Funkadelic's 1974 release STANDING ON THE VERGE OF GETTING IT ON proved to be a continuation of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/27/1991;Notes:UK only vinyl pressing! Funkadelic's 1974 release STANDING ON THE VERGE OF GETTING IT ON proved to be a continuation of the more consolidated direction laid down on it's predecessor, COSMIC SLOP. But STANDING is the better and stronger album, and easily Funkadelic's most consistent work since the classic MAGGOT BRAIN. Even though the band's members were, at the time, doing double duty in the more commercially oriented Parliament, Funkadelic maintained it's complete allegiance here to wildly experimental, rock-influenced music. The album begins with a lighthearted poem read by two band members, their voices sped up to sound like the Chipmunks. This leads directly into the vicious funk-rock of "Red Hot Mama" and the absolutely raging rocker, "Alice in My Fantasies". The mood calms down briefly for the soulful "I'll Stay" and the playful pop of "Sexy Ways". There are jazzy moments ("Jimmy's Got a Little Bit of Bitch in Him"), and meditative instrumentals ("Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts"), but the topper is the title track, a manically exuberant jam that still ranks among P-funk's greatest moments. Westbound. 2006.;Track List:1. Red Hot Mama;2. Alice in My Fantasies;3. I'll Stay;4. Sexy Ways;5. Standing on the Verge of Getting It on;6. Jimmy's Got a Little Bit of Bitch in Him;7. Good Thoughts Bad Thoughts
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.