- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Funky Trip:Detroit Funk from Dave Hamilton Archive
- Write a Review
- #K65260 000000000 K65260000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/06/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm colored vinyl LP pressing comes complete with in-depth sleeve notes. Original Motown Funk Brother Dave H...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/06/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm colored vinyl LP pressing comes complete with in-depth sleeve notes. Original Motown Funk Brother Dave Hamilton is known for his stunning and in-demand northern soul productions, but he also made some of the very best Detroit funk recordings. In the last decade those productions have been sought after by DJs and collectors. This compilation combines his biggest successes with music that has until now never been available on vinyl. Billy Garner's 'Brand New Girl' is one of the biggest vintage funk tracks of the last decade, whilst Prophet & The Disciples' 'You Fool, You Fool' is a £500 single being reissued on vinyl for the first time. Other cuts released on record for the first time include Johnny Walker's 'Funky Trip' and James Carpenter's 'Party Time' and could soon join them on the dance-floor.;Track List:1. Brand New Girl-Billy Garner;2. The Devil's Gonna Get You-The Future Kind;3. Grown Folks Thing-Oc Tolbert;4. Party Time -James Carpenter;5. Funky Trip -Johnny Walker;6. A Drop in the Bucket-The Deacons;7. You Fool You Fool -Prophet the Disciples;8. The Deacons-Dave Hamilton;9. Marriage (Is Only a State of Mind)-James Carpenter;10. Bump with Me -The Webb People;11. Remember-Chico;12. Soul Suite -Dave Hamilton
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.