- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
George Jones - Sings White Lightning & Other Favorites
- Write a Review
- #K48754 000000000 K48754000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:White Lightning and Other Favorites is the 1959 studio album released by country music legend George Jones. The album i...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:White Lightning and Other Favorites is the 1959 studio album released by country music legend George Jones. The album is Jones' seventh studio album release, and it's title track "White Lightning" (written by J.P. Richardson aka "The Big Bopper") reached #1 on the Billboard Country chart in 1959. The album is one of the best, if not the best, albums that Jones released in the 1950s. The album charted well, and was one of the most popular country albums of 1959. It also includes some of Jones' first collaboration tracks. "I'm With the Wrong One" was his second collaboration, recorded in 1956 (the oldest song included on the LP) with Jennette Hicks. "Flame in My Heart" was his third collaboration, recorded with Virginia Spurlock in 1957. George Jones is wonderful throughout - already a standout in the shifting country scene of the 50s - with one ear that understands the sharper edges of the rock generation, but another that brings out all the sentiment in the tunes he touches - material that's delivered with this magical approach that few other singers could touch. If you only know George as a blue-tinged singer of ballads from his later years, you'll really be stunned here - as lots of the tracks have a sound that's quite different, and a lot more vibrant.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.