- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
George Russell - Ezz-thetics
- Write a Review
- #K69216 000000000 K69216000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/08/2017;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of George Russell Sextet's Ezz-thetics, originally released in 1961. The sextet features George ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/08/2017;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of George Russell Sextet's Ezz-thetics, originally released in 1961. The sextet features George Russell, Dave Baker, Don Ellis, Eric Dolphy, Steve Swallow, and Joe Hunt. Includes bonus track. Edition of 300 (numbered). "With a group of musicians assembled for the occasion, pianist/composer/theorist George Russell goes into Riverside's studios in 1960 to record Ezz-thetics. Nowadays frequently found on 'greatest jazz albums' lists, this fantastic record is difficult to categorize and that's for the best. Exacerbated be-bop, modal concepts, hard bop and even hints at burgeoning free-jazz give this opus a unique and enchanting sound. Success always has many fathers. On one hand the compositions are remarkable, the four from Russell unfold with a surprising phrasing that avoids well-trodden paths. Miles Davis 'Nardis' is beautifully rearranged and Dave Baker's 'Honesty' adds a bluesy touch that doesn't hurt the overall cohesion. On the other hand you've got the soloists. Baker isn't afraid to play fast and precise on his trombone, Don Ellis displays his effects but above all Eric Dolphy who already steals the show with his alto solo on the first track. And if all that wasn't enough the album closes on one of the best version of Monk's classic 'Round Midnight' where Dolphy just dominates and proves his style also works on ballads." -AllMusic;Track List:1. Ezz-Thetic;2. Nardis;3. Lydiot;4. Thoughts;5. Honesty;6. 'Round Midnight
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.