- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Goldfinger Doe & B.M.S. - Let's Dance Together
- Write a Review
- #K78278 000000000 K78278000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:PMG present a reissue of Goldfinger Doe & B.M.S.'s Let's Dance Together, originally released in 1979. "William Onyeabor...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:PMG present a reissue of Goldfinger Doe & B.M.S.'s Let's Dance Together, originally released in 1979. "William Onyeabor wasn't the only Nigerian experimenting with synthesizers in the '70s and '80s. Goldfinger Doe was twiddling knobs too, no more so than on Let's Dance Together - a prime slab of cosmic Afro boogie funk, recorded with legendary percussionist, Mike Umoh (aka B.M.S.) Goldfinger met Umoh playing with Bongos Ikwue & The Groovies. Bass player Bashiru Musa, was a fellow Groovie too, and when the three hit the studio to record Let's Dance Together, the groove was already tight and hot. The title track, 'Let's Dance Together', is an urgent boogie monster, peppered with cosmic synths. 'Funky Africa' is an irresistible floor-filler, driven by the 'funk in the black soil and the soul in the air.' 'Jah Help Us' is a reggae-tinged reworking of the Lord's Prayer, with added squelchy synth. 'B.M.S. Bowl'? It's just an excuse for Umoh to show off his preposterous percussive skills. Goldfinger's extraordinary synth skills are always front and center. They transform 'Jane', providing a humorous commentary in an otherwise straightforward romantic lament, and propel the funkier tracks to become the heartbeat of the album. Let's Dance Together is an Afro funk space ship, fueled up and ready to take off." -Peter Moore
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.