- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Grant Green - Nigeria
- Write a Review
- #K65323 000000000 K65323000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including one bonus track, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. This release pres...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180 gm vinyl LP pressing including one bonus track, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. This release presents the complete original LP NIGERIA, featuring the great Grant Green in a quartet setting backed by Sonny Clark on piano, Sam Jones on bass, and Art Blakey on drums. Grant Green was one of the most remarkable guitar players in jazz history. He went to Chicago in 1959, following the advice of tenor sax player Jimmy Forrest, with whom Grant would make his very first recordings. He became a Blue Note artist in 1960 and would remain with the label until the early 1970s. Before the NIGERIA session, Green and Clark had recorded a short studio date together on October 27, 1961, as well as the album GOODEN'S CORNER, taped on December 23, 1961. After taping NIGERIA on January 13, 1962, they made OLEO on January 31, with Hayes again on drums instead of Blakey.;Track List:1. Airegin Written-By – S. Rollins 7:32;2. It Ain't Necessarily So Written-By – G. Gershwin I. Gershwin 10:23;3. Nancy;4. I Concentrate On You Written-By – C. Porter 5:49;5. The Things We Did Last Summer Written-By – J. Styne S. Cahn 5:54;6. The Song Is You Written-By – J. Kern O. Hammerstein 7:46
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.