- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hank Mobley - Soul Station
- Write a Review
- #K54459 000000000 K54459000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/27/2014;Notes:Soul Station is an album by jazz saxophonist Hank Mobley, released in 1960 on Blue Note Records, catalogue BLP 4031. Al...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/27/2014;Notes:Soul Station is an album by jazz saxophonist Hank Mobley, released in 1960 on Blue Note Records, catalogue BLP 4031. Along with Roll Call, the LP that followed this release, this is one of Mobley's best-known albums. Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio and rooted in the hard bop idiom, Mobley's quartet features his past bandleader in the Jazz Messengers, Art Blakey, and two future band mates from his time in the Miles Davis Quintet, Wynton Kelly and Paul Chambers. The album's bookends are two standards, "Remember" by Irving Berlin and "If I Should Lose You" by Ralph Rainger and Leo Robin. Between these standards are four new Mobley compositions, featuring the bluesy title track and the uptempo "This I Dig of You." In the liner notes to the Rudy Van Gelder CD edition, longtime jazz critic and author Bob Blumenthal explains how the album is understood to be, for Mobley, what Saxophone Colossus or Giant Steps were for Sonny Rollins or John Coltrane respectively. Blumenthal goes on to describe the recording as "one of the finest programs of music on Blue Note or any other label.";Track List:1. Remember;2. This I Dig of You;3. Dig Dis;4. Split Feelin's;5. Soul Station;6. If I Should Lose You;Special Attributes:REISSUE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.