- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Helios - Yume
- Write a Review
- K63100 000000000 K63100000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/01/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. Yume takes its title from the Japanese word for dream and delivers an otherwor...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/01/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. Yume takes its title from the Japanese word for dream and delivers an otherworldly ambient-electronic hybrid that's cinematic in scope yet intimate in emotion. In making the album, composer and multi-instrumentalist Keith Kenniff (the sole artist behind Helios) has created a warm sonic tapestry from luminous guitar lines, elegant piano work, ingeniously-crafted rhythms, and lo-fi electronic elements. Though Kenniff's graceful maneuvering of mood and tone lends Yume a journey-like quality, the album offers pieces as captivatingly disparate as ‘Pearls’ (which blends heavy beats and lilting piano melodies cascading guitar riffs and airy atmospherics) and ‘Embrace’ (which closes out the album with a glimmering expanse of sound). Built from both electronic experimentation and live instrumentation, Yume also constructs its richly-detailed textures by drawing from a repertoire of sound that ranges from toy tambourines to serendipitously-recorded environmental noises. Raised in rural Pennsylvania, Kenniff put out Helios's 2004 debut album Unomia while studying percussion at Boston's Berklee College of Music. Since then, he's released five more albums as Helios, in addition to collaborating with his wife Hollie Kenniff in the shoegaze-inspired pop duo Mint Julep and composing music for such clients as Paramount Pictures, Apple, Facebook, and Google.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.