- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Henry Mancini - Charade (Original Soundtrack)
- Write a Review
- #K69912 000000000 K69912000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:Double 180 gram audiophile vinyl LP pressing in PVC protective sleeve. Charade is a 1963 Technicolor American romantic ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:Double 180 gram audiophile vinyl LP pressing in PVC protective sleeve. Charade is a 1963 Technicolor American romantic comedy/ mystery film directed by Stanley Donen, written by Peter Stone and Marc Behm, and starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. It spans three genres: suspense thriller, romance and comedy. The film is notable for it's screenplay, for having been filmed on location in Paris and for Henry Mancini's score and theme song. Charade has received generally positive reviews from critics, and was additionally noted to contain influences of genres such as whodunit, screwball and spy thriller. Film director Stanley Donen had been charmed by Henry Mancini's song 'Baby Elephant Walk' from the film Hatari!, so he contacted Mancini from London to tell him about his current picture. Donen had directed several famous musical films throughout the 1950s and he now intended to put his own slant on a Hitchcock-like thriller and he wanted a strong melody in the background score. Johnny Mercer wrote the lyrics. The title track 'Charade' is a sad, lonely Parisian waltz. It was nominated that year for the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.