- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Herbie Hancock - Inventions & Dimensions
- Write a Review
- #K73608 000000000 K73608000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of Herbie Hancock's Inventions & Dimensions (1964). "For his third album, Inventions & Dimension...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Doxy present a reissue of Herbie Hancock's Inventions & Dimensions (1964). "For his third album, Inventions & Dimensions, Herbie Hancock changed course dramatically. Instead of recording another multifaceted album like My Point of View (1963), he explored a Latin-inflected variation of post-bop with a small quartet. Hancock is the main harmonic focus of the music - his three colleagues are bassist Paul Chambers, drummer Willie Bobo, and percussionist Osvaldo "Chihuahua" Martinez, who plays conga and bongo. Hancock has created an improvisational atmosphere where the rhythms are fluid and the chords, harmonies, and melodies are unexpected. On every song but one, the melodies and chords were improvised, with Hancock's harmonic ideas arising from the rhythms during the recording. The result is risky, unpredictable music that is intensely cerebral and quite satisfying. Inventions & Dimensions displays his willingness to experiment and illustrates that his playing is reaching new, idiosyncratic heights." - All Music. Numbered first press, edition of 500.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.