- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hey Colossus - Guillotine
- Write a Review
- K71602 000000000 K71602000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:LP version. Hey Colossus's latest transmission The Guillotine marks another peak for an innovative force in the realm o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:LP version. Hey Colossus's latest transmission The Guillotine marks another peak for an innovative force in the realm of heavy amplification. Darker and more brooding than their recent work, Radio Static High (LAUNCH 083CD/LP, 2015), it's also perhaps their most richly melodic to date. The interplay of their three guitar lineup has never sounded more fluent than on these eight songs, nor their song-craft more well-defined. The Guillotine is a record whose alchemical charge arrives from a reinvention of loud rock shapes into forms both feral and fresh. Whilst Hey Colossus can still bludgeon with over-amped vigor, as on the hypnotic and devastating krautrock-Jesus Lizard hybrid of "Back In The Room", they can also deliver the haunting waltz-time serenade of "Calenture Boy" with uncompromising fortitude, with the new-found confidence and allure of Paul Sykes's vocals at the forefront. These menacing and immersive songs chronicle a band exploring a unique sound and invigorating approach in a decade in which cliches and genre pieces in the realm of the psychedelic have frequently surrounded. Here the six-piece find themselves transcending the limitations of the underground scene from whence they came, whilst exposing the paucity of inspiration in much of the guitar-rock mainstream.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.