- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Horace Parlan - Movin and Groovin
- Write a Review
- #K88957 000000000 K88957000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/21/2010;Notes:(2-LP set) (45 RPM) This 1960 trio date was pianist Parlan's first of many great releases for Blue Note. The Pittsburgh...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/21/2010;Notes:(2-LP set) (45 RPM) This 1960 trio date was pianist Parlan's first of many great releases for Blue Note. The Pittsburgh native, who overcame polio as a child that left his right hand crippled, had gained some serious props with his contributions on two of Charles Mingus' best albums the year prior (Mingus Ah Um, Blues And Roots), and was now ready to step out on his own. Choosing to tackle mostly standards, Parlan channels his idol Bud Powell's classic trio dates with the able assistance of Blue Note regulars Sam Jones, bass and drummer Al Harewood. The result is an eclectic mix, interpreting the works of Tadd Dameron, Duke Ellington, Milt Jackson and Burke-Van Heussen plus a Parlan original, "Up in Cynthia's Room," which became one of his signature pieces.;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.