- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
House I Live In
- Write a Review
- #K91068 000000000 K91068000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/08/2017;Notes:Modern Silence present the first ever reissue of Archie Shepp/Lars Gullin Quintet's The House I Live In, originally rel...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/08/2017;Notes:Modern Silence present the first ever reissue of Archie Shepp/Lars Gullin Quintet's The House I Live In, originally released in 1980. An incredible live album featuring saxophonists Archie Shepp and Lars Gullin, recorded at the Jazzhus Montmartre in Copenhagen, Denmark on November 21, 1963. 180 gram, virgin vinyl Edition of 500."This is a fascinating release. Tenor-saxophonist Archie Shepp would not burst upon the U.S. avant-garde scene until 1964-65 but here he is featured at a Danish concert with the great cool bop baritonist Lars Gullin and a top-notch straight-ahead rhythm section (pianist Tete Montoliu, bassist Niels Pedersen, and drummer Alex Riel). The quintet stretches out on four lengthy standards (including 'Sweet Georgia Brown' and a 19-minute rendition of 'You Stepped Out Of A Dream') and it is particularly interesting to hear the reactions of the other musicians to Shepp's rather free flights at a couple of points Gullin tries to copy him. An important historical release"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.