- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut
- Write a Review
- #K62602 000000000 K62602000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/17/2016;Notes:Limited 180 gram colored vinyl LP pressing housed in a matte finish gatefold sleeve. Hum's sonic universe is a solipsis...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/17/2016;Notes:Limited 180 gram colored vinyl LP pressing housed in a matte finish gatefold sleeve. Hum's sonic universe is a solipsistic world that exists on it's own terms, a maelstrom of sensations and colors, a thick metallic vortex of fuzztoned guitars with a silent core at the center like the eye of a hurricane - equal parts homegrown and high-tech. Hum serves up a cacophony of overlapping harmonics and dense shards of electric guitars providing a counterpoint to Matt Talbott's reflective tales. You'd Prefer An Astronaut is the Champaign, IL post-hardcore group's third studio album. The 9-song set was first released in 1995 by RCA Records and serves as the band's major label debut following the independently issued Fillet Show (1991) and Electra 2000 (1993). The album hit the No. 1 slot on Billboard's Heatseekers chart thanks to the breakout lead single, "Stars" which exploded on radio, leading to subsequent tours with The Smashing Pumpkins and Bush.;Track List:1. Little Dipper;2. The Pod;3. Stars;4. Suicide Machine;5. The Very Old Man;6. Why I Like the Robins;7. I'd Like Your Hair Long;8. I Hate It Too;9. Songs of Farewell and Departure
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.