- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ides of Gemini - Carthage
- Write a Review
- #K82079 000000000 K82079000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/18/2015;Notes:Two brand new and exclusive tracks from Los Angeles, CA juggernaut Ides of Gemini. "Cathage" inhabits side A. It begins...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/18/2015;Notes:Two brand new and exclusive tracks from Los Angeles, CA juggernaut Ides of Gemini. "Cathage" inhabits side A. It begins with a doomy, acoustic summoning of the spirits of a barren world. Invocation complete, the band goes full tilt into their brand of overdriven power and command, charging onward and upward through forest and sky, dragging the doomed, sorrowful carcass of humanity itself into light. Written and recorded after "Old World New Wave" (Neurot/Sige), the track offers another brilliant moment in the bands beautifully evolving sound. Side B is one of the most stunning and emotionally stirring covers of "Strange Fruit" ever put to tape. Written as a poem by Abel Meeropol in 1937, and set to music famously by Billie Holiday in 1939, the song stems from Meeropols original protest piece against the racial lynchings that marred the early 20th century in America. It has been covered many times over since (including versions by NINA SIMONE, LOU RAWLS, ANNIE LENNOX, JEFF BUCKLEY. SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES, DIANA ROSS, TORI AMOS, and countless others). Ides of Gemini dug deep on this one, perfecting a uniquely somber and haunting arrangement the poem/song has simply never seen.;Track List:1. Carthage;2. Strange Fruit
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.