- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Illa J - Home
- Write a Review
- #K65999 000000000 K65999000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing including digital download. Following his self titled LP, Illa J sometimes known as "John Regal" is a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing including digital download. Following his self titled LP, Illa J sometimes known as "John Regal" is a singer, songwriter, rapper, producer, multi- instrumentalist. He takes us on a trip to his hometown Detroit with his third solo album Home. His last LP successfully took Illa J out of his brother and hiphop legend J Dilla's shadow to show he is in his own lane. Yet, Yancey still felt as though he was in a box labeled rapper. Teaming up with producer Calvin Valentine, who entirely produced the album, Home is Illa J's first album to properly showcase the full extent of his vocal range to put him in the singer-songwriter conversation. The listener can feel the soulfulness of this LP through Illa J's singing and Valentines' smooth production. On "Sam Cook" which is an ode to Illa J's father who ghostwrote for Motown, Yancey dives into his falsetto that is reminiscent of D'Angelo, Bilal and Al Green. While keeping his focus on singing. Illa J sprinkles the album with rap verses. On "7Mile" his vocals smoothly float over the more raw/alternative cut laid by Valentine. The album title track "Home" completes his album and solidifies Illa J's artistry as a well-rounded singer who can rap.;Track List:1. Turn It Up (feat. Dank);2. Sam Cook;3. I Know;4. Photosynthesis;5. 7 Mile;6. Snow Beach;7. Silencers (feat. Moka Only);8. Detroit Bad Boys;9. Maureen;10. Home;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.