- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jack Rose - Opium Musick
- Write a Review
- #K77595 000000000 K77595000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/23/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing of this 2003 album. Part of a collaboration with Jack Rose's estate and Three Lobed Records t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/23/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing of this 2003 album. Part of a collaboration with Jack Rose's estate and Three Lobed Records to restore all of his LPs to print, VHF presents a new vinyl edition of the celebrated guitarist's solo album, newly cut by John Golden Mastering from the original source material. This release charts an eclectic, more experimental approach left behind as his technique and compositions became more refined and deliberate on later works. Recorded and originally released in 2003, Opium Musick is an eclectic collection with pieces for 12-string (the percussive and dark "Black Pearls"), 6-string, and lap guitar. The lovely raga-ish "Yaman Blues" features Mike Gangloff (Pelt, Black Twig Pickers) on tanpura, and echoes the extended modal work on Pelt's contemporaneous Pearls From The River. The near-ragtime of "Linden Ave Stomp" showcases Glenn Jones on his vintage Gibson in a jumping duet with Rose's lap steel. "Linden Ave" charted a path that Rose would determinedly pursue-short ragtime and old-time influenced pieces (originals and classics), with all phrasing worked out to a perfectionist standard. The lovely "Mountaintop Lamento" was memorably used in Catherine Pancake's film about coal mining in Appalachia, Black Diamonds: Mountaintop Removal and the Fight for Coalfield Justice.;Track List:1. Yaman Blues;2. Linden Ave Stomp;3. Mountaintop Lamento;4. Black Pearls
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.