- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jackie McLean - Right Now
- Write a Review
- #K75764 000000000 K75764000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/25/2015;Notes:Jackie McLean always had an intense sound, playing a little bit sharp and putting passion into every sound that came ou...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/25/2015;Notes:Jackie McLean always had an intense sound, playing a little bit sharp and putting passion into every sound that came out of his alto saxophone. While he was initially inspired by Charlie Parker, Sonny Rollins and Bud Powell, by 1951 he was already a true original. McLean added a great deal of fire to the music of Miles Davis, Charles Mingus and Art Blakeys Jazz Messengers. A giant of hard bop during the second half of the 1950's, McLean was one of the very few musicians of his generation to explore freer forms of jazz in the 1960s. Avant garde jazz perfectly fit his adventurous style which was already very emotional. 1965's Right Now, which matches him with a trio that includes pianist Larry Willis, is one of his most exciting albums of the 1960's. McLean stretches out at length on Willis beautiful ballad Poor Eric and three originals, often playing with such ferocity that it will cause ones hair to stand up. The music (other than the ballad) is hard charging, intense and often free with McLean heard at his most innovative. Even a half century later, Right Now sounds contemporary, vital and thrilling.;Track List:1. Eco;2. Poor Eric;3. Christel's Tune;4. Right Now;5. Right Now;Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, 180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.