- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jackie McLean - Swing Swang Swingin
- Write a Review
- #K83229 000000000 K83229000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/21/2009;Notes:Prior to 1959, Jackie McLean was an important young Turk whose sharp tone and intense style on alto grew out of Charlie...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/21/2009;Notes:Prior to 1959, Jackie McLean was an important young Turk whose sharp tone and intense style on alto grew out of Charlie Parker yet were very much his own. Growing up in New York, his neighbors included such friends as Bud Powell, Thelonious Monk and Sonny Rollins. By 1951 he was recording with Miles Davis and other associations in the 1950s included Charles Mingus and two years with Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers. But all of that was a prelude to his recording 21 brilliant, explorative and frequently explosive albums for Blue Note during 1959-67. While McLean became one of the first jazz musicians of his generation to stretch beyond hard bop into freer explorations inspired by Ornette Coleman, Swing, Swang, Swingin' is a straight ahead affair in which he mostly puts his stamp on standards. Few versions of 'Let's Face The Music And Dance' and 'I Love You' have ever had this much intensity and, when McLean digs into the ballad 'What's New,' he gives it a fiery passion that had never been heard before. Jackie McLean not only swings and swangs but he burns with the urgency, agony and ecstasy of the 1960s.;Track List:1. What's New;2. Let's Face the Music and Dance;3. Stable Mates;4. I'll Remember You;5. I Love You;6. I'll Take Romance;7. 116th and Lenox;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL, LIMITED EDITION, GATEFOLD LP JACKET, REMASTERED
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.