- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jacqueline Du Pre - 5 Legendary Recordings Jacqueline Du Pre
- Write a Review
- #K49030 000000000 K49030000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:'She clearly was born to play the cello,' wrote theNew York Timesof Jacqueline du Pré in 1967. Just five years later he...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:'She clearly was born to play the cello,' wrote theNew York Timesof Jacqueline du Pré in 1967. Just five years later her career was cut tragically short by illness. Providing a treasurable memento of her art, this is a newly-assembled 5 LP collection of masterworks for cello and orchestra from three centuries. It includes the Elgar Concerto, so closely associated with du Pré, and a 1968 recording of Strauss'sDon Quixotewhich, after a complex genesis, was not released until 1995, the height of the CD era. Now, it makes it's first appearance on LP. In each work, the cellist provides evidence of what her teacher, William Pleeth, described as the 'perfect balance of youth and maturity.' Jacqueline du Pré, performing with the two conductors most closely associated with her career, brings characteristic exuberance, passion and colour to three cello concertos rooted in the 18th century. In his memoir A Life In Music, Daniel Barenboim wrote: "I have never encountered anyone for whom music was such a natural form of expression as it was for Jacqueline... She had a capacity to imagine sound such as I never met in any other musician."
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.