- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jody Reynolds - Devil Girls With Raven Hair (1958-1966)
- Write a Review
- #K61086 000000000 K61086000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/22/2017;Notes:Direct from the master tapes for the first time on LP, come the original, earthshaking rockabilly/proto-gothabilly/coun...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/22/2017;Notes:Direct from the master tapes for the first time on LP, come the original, earthshaking rockabilly/proto-gothabilly/country-noir-pop 45s of Jody Reynolds. A seminal and influential figure, without Jody Reynolds there would be no Cramps, no Gun Club and no Bad Seeds. His first (and massive) 1958 hit 'Endless Sleep' spawned an entire genre/generation of Death Discs or Splatter Platters (Teen Angel, Leader Of The Pack etc. Etc.). Featured here are Reynolds' most notable and sultry sides, pulled from painfully rare 45s like 'Don't Jump' (a teen-suicide/cautionary tale produced by pop-svengali Lee Hazlewood), two rare duets with a pre-'Ode To Billie Joe' Bobbie Gentry and a brilliant and previously unreleased mournful murder-ballad. Unjustly neglected, Jody Reynolds was a sublime and moody songsmith and performer, crafting etheric ballads ('The Girl With The Raven Hair'), smouldering rockers ('Fire Of Love') and twanging instrumentals ('Thunder') alike.;Track List:1. (The Girl with the) Raven Hair;2. Devil Girl;3. Endless Sleep;4. Fire of Love;5. Stranger in the Mirror (With Bobbie Gentry);6. A Tear for Jesse;7. Stone Cold;8. The Storm;9. Requiem for Love (With Bobbie Gentry);10. Where the Woodbyne Twynes;11. Don't Jump;12. Thunder;13. The Whipping Post;14. Makin' Out;15. Tight Capris;16. Tarantula;17. Raggedy Ann;18. The Big Tragedy
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.