- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Bender - Plaster Falling
- Write a Review
- #K67573 000000000 K67573000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/16/2016;Notes:Limited translucent blue vinyl LP pressing. Plaster Falling was recorded at the same time as John Bender's first album,...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/16/2016;Notes:Limited translucent blue vinyl LP pressing. Plaster Falling was recorded at the same time as John Bender's first album, I Don't Remember Now/I Don't Want To Talk About It. Released in 1981 on the artist's own Record Sluts label, copies of Plaster Falling's initial pressing came hermetically sealed in plaster (and later latex). Thus, listeners had to literally break open the record to find what's hidden inside. Produced in relative isolation, Plaster Falling is a beacon of brilliance in the nascent minimal-wave sphere. Veering towards skeletal urgency, these recordings set bright analogue melodies against half-whispered vocals and expand Bender's electronic cryptography thru a series of lone signifiers: "Station," "Plaster," "Women," etc. As Bender explains in the liner notes, "I began to distance myself from the present and describe scenes as if in a movie - seeking concrete, terse, juxtaposed imagery." This first-time standalone reissue is recommended for fans of Gareth Williams and Mary Currie's Flaming Tunes, Minimal Man and Grouper.;Track List:1. 43B6 Station;2. 42B4 Plaster;3. 39A4 Women;4. 45A2 People;5. 39A5 Something;6. 35B5 Records;7. 34B1 Knuckles;8. 38A1 Cities;9. 45A1 Street
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.